Apples and Chicken (dutch oven). Apples and Chicken (dutch oven). gala or pink lady apple. (sweeter or tart apples per your taste buds)•sweet yellow onion•Roma Tomatoes•chicken breasts (large enough to fill dutch)•salt•pepper•powder ginger•craisins.. Stuff the chicken with slices or chunks of the apple. This Dutch oven roast chicken recipe gets wonderful flavor from the celery, onion and parsley tucked inside.
The Dutch oven is about to be your best friend. These dishes will help you get dinner on the table in a flash, along with more food "We really enjoyed this! I used chicken drumsticks and chicken broth with some white wine vinegar as listed. You can have Apples and Chicken (dutch oven) using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apples and Chicken (dutch oven)
- You need of gala or pink lady apple. (sweeter or tart apples per your taste buds).
- Prepare of sweet yellow onion.
- Prepare of Roma Tomatoes.
- Prepare of chicken breasts (large enough to fill dutch).
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- You need of powder ginger.
- You need of craisins.
- You need of cinnamon.
I only cooked it for two hours and they were perfectly done. Last week, I made the Dutch Oven Seafood Chowder, and I also blogged about it in my other blog, Mo' boy, when I talked about Church Food. It was kind of an overview of the LDS Church Welfare system from my perspective. Well, yesterday, I did another dish of the same sort of thing.
Apples and Chicken (dutch oven) instructions
- Dice and lay a base layer of apple, onion and tomato (use 2/3 of this mixture here and reserve 1/3 for later).
- Add salt, pepper and ginger..
- Lay a heavier sprinkle of cinnamon over base layer. (Dont bury like a sandpit, but be apple to see a light coating.).
- Cut chicken into chunks about the size btwn lady fingers and a twinkie..
- Cover chicken with remaining apple, tomato and onion..
- Sprinkle a fair amount of cinnamon over the top layer..
- Cover with craisins..
- Place dutch oven into a preheated oven at 375°F. 45-60mins should become very aromatic. This means its done..
- Remove from oven. Do NOT lift the lid. Allow to sit for about 15mins so the juices and disperse and settle..
A Dutch oven (not to be confused with masonry oven) is a thick-walled cooking pot with a tight-fitting lid. Dutch ovens are usually made of seasoned cast iron; however. Your Dutch oven not only roasts the bird well, but it also roasts the side dishes at the same time. Place the chicken on top of a pile of vegetables and let Since a Dutch oven can go seamlessly from stove to oven, it's the ultimate choice when making any sort of braised meat that's browned on the stovetop. Camping Dutch ovens also come in two different depths.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…