Ham & Turnip stew.
You can have Ham & Turnip stew using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham & Turnip stew
- Prepare 2 Cups of cooked ham, cut into small pieces.
- It’s 1 of raw turnip, diced.
- Prepare 2 of Cups, 16oz, organic beef stock/broth.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of diced zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of diced yellow squash.
- You need 2 Tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- You need 2 tsp of Tumeric.
- It’s 2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need of Thickener, if desired (I used 1 Tbsp water & 1 Tbsp cornstarch).
Ham & Turnip stew step by step
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in saute pan. Add turnip and garlic. Saute until turnip is slightly browned..
- During step 1, add stock to a large soup/saucepan. Heat on medium..
- Add cooked/leftover ham pieces and turnip mixture to stock. Bring to a mild boil..
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, zucchini, squash, black pepper and turmeric to saute pan and saute just until cooked, slightly translucent..
- Turnip should be tender after about 20min on a mild boil. When tender and cooked, add thickener if desired, and boil 2-3 minutes more..
- Turn off heat. Add zucchini/squash mixture, stir well. Let sit for a couple minutes and serve..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…