Vegan chickpea tomato and peanut stew. A thick, creamy dairy-free soup inspired by African Peanut Stew. A thick, creamy dairy-free soup inspired by African Peanut Stew. A meal prep community for vegans, and those exploring a plant-based diet.
Chickpeas are an easy addition to a variety of savory meals. Vegan chickpea noodle soup with bright accents of parsley and lemon to lighten up this otherwise wintery soup. Lots of sweet bell peppers and meaty chickpeas mingling with tomatoes and Italian spices. You can cook Vegan chickpea tomato and peanut stew using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan chickpea tomato and peanut stew
- You need of Prepare.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced bell pepper (red or green for less spicy flavor).
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced onion (red or white).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of garlic (diced from fresh cloves or minced).
- It’s 1 (15 ounce) of cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare of Set aside.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil (avocado, olive or coconut).
- It’s 1 of “large” pinch of fine sea salt (~1/2 tsp).
- You need 1 cup of unsweetened light coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peanut butter.
- You need 14 Oz of (or one can) diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of or 2 Oz of tomato paste.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of chili garlic sauce.
- It’s of 1 cup water (to thicken the stew).
Peanut stew is a staple food of Western Africa. The actual African name of this insanely tasty stew is "Groundnut Stew". It's thick, rich and flavorful with lots This is my vegan version of a quick and easy, one-pot peanut stew containing commonly used ingredients such as peanut, onion, tomato, garlic. Vegetarian West African-Inspired Peanut Stew with chickpeas, sweet potato, and fire-roasted tomatoes.
Vegan chickpea tomato and peanut stew instructions
- Dice up the onion, garlic and bell pepper.
- Add your oil to a warmed saucepan, spread around if preferred for even coating (I used avocado).
- Once the oil is toasty, add your choice pepper, onion, garlic and sea salt and stir until brownish or about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (with their tomatoey juices), the tomato paste, the chili garlic sauce, the peanut (or almond) butter, coconut milk, and the rinsed and drained chickpeas. Stir it up to combine..
- You can now add water to desired thickness — about 1-2 cups..
- Bring to a simmer, then lower the heat and cover it. Continue cooking the stew until slightly thickened and fragrant — your kitchen will smell AMAZING. This is about 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on it and turn the heat down if it’s boiling — you’re looking for a low simmer not a mess 😅.
- Have some rice at the ready! Combine, add spoon and enjoy, friends..
This hearty plant-based stew comes together in one pot for a streamlined, satisfying weeknight dinner. Crunchy chickpeas and savory tomatoes fuse together perfectly in this delicious (and totally vegan) chickpea tomato soup. This vegan chickpea tomato soup was pretty simple to make, and went together very quickly. I started off with cooking some onions and garlic to give the broth some flavor. This chickpea stew is simplicity at best.
Welcome to sindu.web.id! Enjoy reading