Lumpiang Sariwa. Have you tried making your own Lumpiang Sariwa with Fresh Lumpia Wrapper from scratch? In this post (and video), I will teach you how to cook lumpiang sariwa from ground up. This video will show you how to cook Filipino Lumpiang Sariwa with Fresh Lumpia Wrapper.
Lumpiang Sariwa or Fresh Lumpia , literally means ' fresh springroll ', consist of shredded fresh vegetables minced ubod (a palm tree trunk). Lumpiang hubád ("naked spring roll") is lumpiang sariwà (fresh lumpia) served without the crêpe wrapping. The lack of a wrapper technically does not make lumpia, but is an alternative way of serving. You can cook Lumpiang Sariwa using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lumpiang Sariwa
- It’s 1 bunch of lettuce.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots.
- It’s 2 of large sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1 of medium turnip.
- Prepare 1/2 kg. of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 kg. of chicken breasth (boiled and shredded).
- It’s 1 of large bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery.
- It’s 1 of large white onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tbsp. of pepper.
- It’s of olive oil/butter.
- You need of sauce".
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of whole large garlic.
- You need 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 kg. of brown sugar.
- You need of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crushed peanuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour (dissolved in 1 cup of water).
- Prepare of wrapper".
- Prepare 6 of whole large eggs.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
The best Lumpiang Sariwa (Fresh Spring Roll) Recipe and How to make a home-made Lumpia Wrapper and Delicious Lumpia Sauce. Lumpiang Sariwa is a Filipino Spring Rolls that is filled with vegetables, wrapped in a crepe-like wrapper and covered with a special sweet-savory sauce. Guaranteed na masarap hindi kayo magsisisi. Make the filling: In a large pan or wok over medium heat, preheat oil.
Lumpiang Sariwa step by step
- HOW TO PREPARE VEGETABLES"HOW TO PREPARE VEGETABLES" Cut the vegetables lengthwise and wash and drain well. Heated pan. And the extreme heat of the Pan is put immediately the cabbage and mix well using both hands with two pairs of spatula. Turn the fire and keep mixing. When a little wilted cabbage that is immediately transferred to a bowl..
- In the same pan is placed the sliced carrots, sweet potatoes and turnips, and make the same processing on it, like the wilted cabbage. And place in separate bowl..
- In same pan, heat the olive oil or butter and saute onion, bell pepper and celery until the aroma. Put the shredded chicken and sauté well and turn the fire and cover. When the exhaust smoke to cover the skillet, seasoned with fish sauce and pepper. Mix carefully..
- Mix the wilted vegetables except cabbage. And mix well to absorb the seasoning. When the little crispy carrots, sweet potatoes and turnips will mix the wilted cabbage. Mix well to combine together all ingredients. When well mixed, turn off the fire immediately so as not to lose the crispy vegetables. And transfer to a large bowl..
- TIPS" Can also make early fresh Lumpia and place in refrigerator overnight. But you must set the refrigerator temperature to coldest temperature..
- HOW TO MAKE A SAUCE" Boil five cups water with garlic and cover for 3 minutes. Then pour the soy sauce and sugar and stir well and boil for 3 minutes. Then add pepper and crushed peanuts and mix well and boil for 2 minutes. Turn the fire and gradually pour melted cornstarch, and while pouring the melted cornstarch will also not stop mixing the sauce. Continue mixing until thickened the sauce..
- TIPS" Better to do early the sauce and place in the refrigerator overnight, to more delicious the sauce and still save on time..
- HOW TO MAKE LUMPIA WRAP" In a bowl, place the eggs, water and flour and mix well until the mixture finely. Then filter to be refined the flour mixture. In a cold pan, place 1/3 cups flour mixture and wait to dry. And when the top is dry can it remove from pan. Keep doing the wrapping of fresh Lumpia. Mix well the flour mixture each time the measure 1/3 cups flour mixture, to bring the flour had set..
- TIPS" To avoid having the holes makes wrapper, not the hot pan when you put the flour mixture. Should cool a bit first the pan before again putting flour mixture to make a smooth wrapper..
- HOW TO PREPARE FRESH LUMPIA" Then lay a lettuce in the wrapper of Lumpia, and place on top of the lettuce cooked vegetables and wrap it. Make more. And serve with sauce and crushed peanuts on top..
It took its characteristics from 'lumpiang ubod' which originates from Silay City in the province of Negros Occidental. Purportedly it emerged as one of the appetizers carried on. Lumpiang Sariwa is also called Fresh Lumpia to distinguish it from its fried counterpart. It is usually made using assorted vegetables such as green beans Also, the lumpiang sariwa is served fresh so it has fewer calories than fried lumpiang. Calories Total Fat Saturated Fat Cholesterol Sodium Total Fiber.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…