Puffy oven pancake / Dutch baby. A Dutch baby pancake, sometimes called a German pancake, a Bismarck, a Dutch puff, or a Hootenanny, is a large American popover. A Dutch baby is similar to a large Yorkshire pudding. Compared to a typical pancake, a Dutch baby is always baked in the oven.
Out of the oven, the Dutch baby will quickly collapse back into the pan — the steam holding it up quickly. Known as a dutch baby, German pancakes, or oven pancake (and probably a few other names too!) this super simple puffy pancake baked in the oven is a breakfast favorite! I've been feeling the breakfast vibe lately. You can cook Puffy oven pancake / Dutch baby using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Puffy oven pancake / Dutch baby
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of milk.
- Prepare of eggs.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of optional drizzle.
- It’s of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of fresh lemon juice.
That every lazy morning should be greeted with sizzling bacon, crisp hash. Melt butter in a cast-iron skillet, or any pan that you can put in an oven. Stop the heat and pour in the batter. Also known as the puffy oven pancake, the Dutch baby pancake is a wonderful combination of pancake and custard that puffs beautifully in a hot oven.
Puffy oven pancake / Dutch baby step by step
- Place butter in large oven-proof skillet and place in oven. Preheat oven to 400°..
- When oven is hot and butter is melted, swirl butter around pan so it is nicely covered..
- Whisk together milk, eggs, flour, and salt. Mix well. Pour into pan and bake 24-28 minutes, or until golden and puffy and center is slightly crispy. Cut into wedges to serve..
- For optional drizzle… whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice..
- One kiddo ate it topped with hot cinnamon apples. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/463437-hot-cinnamon-apples.
With only a few other ingredients you will have your family running to the table for this rich, slightly tart, and slightly sweet puffy pancake. It's best served family-style piled high with butter cooked and spiced apples. A Dutch baby pancake, also known as a "German pancake" is an oversized, thin "pancake" that can either be served savoury or sweet. Baked in a hot cast iron or metal pan – it will rise (puff up), like a popover and then will "fall" (deflate) a little after being removed from the oven. In short, a Dutch baby is a big, oven-baked pancake.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…