You can have Korean Kimchi using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean Kimchi
- It’s of Chinese Cabbage.
- It’s of Rock Salt.
- It’s of Glutinous Rice Flour.
- You need of White Sugar.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- It’s of White Onion.
- It’s of Fish Sauce.
- You need of Gochugaru.
- You need of Leeks.
- You need of Carrot.
- Prepare of Radish.
- You need of Honey (optional).
Korean Kimchi step by step
- PREPARE THE CABBAGE Cut the cabbage lengthwise into quarters, then chop into bite-size pieces. Soak in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl..
- Add 1/2 cup salt and mix well; turn it over after 30 minutes. – repeat 2x (total of 1 hour) Rinse and drain for 3x. Squeeze out water on the last time, put on a strainer and let it air dry for 30 minutes..
- MAKE THE GLUTINOUS PASTE Dilute the rice flour in water. Heat and bring to boil while stirring, for about 5 minutes. Lower the heat. When you see it bubbling, add sugar. Cook for a few more minutes until it becomes translucent. Let it cool completely. Tip: To cool faster, but the pot in a pan half-filled with water; just make sure that the pot is taller than the pan..
- PREPARE THE KIMCHI SAUCE Using the food processor, chop and blend the garlic, ginger, onion, and fish sauce for about 1 minute. Mix it with the cooled glutinous paste and hot pepper flakes..
- Wash the leeks thoroughly. Dry it with paper towel and cut diagonally. Peel the carrot and radish and cut into thin strips. Add the leeks, carrots, radish, (and honey) to the kimchi sauce and mix well. You can taste test and adjust depending on the level of heat, saltiness, and sweetness that you prefer..
- MIX THE KIMCHI In a clean large bowl, put the cabbage and add the sauce gradually. Use clean and dry hands (or use a clean food-grade gloves) to mix the ingredients. Make sure to distribute the kimchi sauce evenly and all cabbage pieces have been covered with sauce. Transfer to a clean container and press it to remove air bubbles. Leave at room temperature and place in a dark area or cover it with dry clean towel. Transfer to the ref on the 3rd day..
- Best eaten after its 1st to 2nd week of fermentation..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…