Chinese Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Go).
You can have Chinese Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Go) using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Go)
- Prepare 500 g of chinese turnip or daikon radish, grated.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare of Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried shrimp, washed, soaked and chopped.
- Prepare 3-5 of dried chinese black mushroom, washed, soaked and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of chinese sausage, diced.
- You need 1 slice of char sew pork, diced.
- It’s 1 of spring onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare of Salt, sugar, pepper.
- It’s of Oyster sauce for dipping (optional).
Chinese Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Go) instructions
- Grate the turnip use largest holes on a box grater..
- Add grated turnip and water to a wok and bring to a simmer. Simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionaly so the turnip does not brown..
- The turnip will produce liquid, some of which will evaporate. Cook it until you have about 3/4 cup liquid left in the pan with the radish..
- Pour everything including the liquid into a large mixing bowl to cool..
- Heat the pan over medium heat and add 2 tbsp oil. Add dried shrimp, mushroom, sausage, char sew and cook for about 5 minutes..
- Stir in chopped spring onion and remove from the heat to cool..
- Add rica flour, cornstarch, salt, sugar, pepper to the mixing bowl with the radish and cooking liquid..
- Mix well until dry ingredients are well incorporated..
- Add in the cooked shrimp, mushroom and sausage, and be sure to scrape the oil from the pan into the batter. Mix well and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Give the batter a final stir and pour it into a well, oiled loaf pan. Place the pan into a steamer with plenty of water and steam it into medium heat for 50 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the steamer and let your turnip cake set for about 30 minutes. Once cooled, loosen the sides with spatula and turn it out into the chopping board..
- Use a sharp knife dipped in water to slice 1/2 inch thick pieces..
- Add 2 tbsp oil to a non stick pan over medium heat. Fry the cake of both sides until golden and crispy. Serve with oyster sauce..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…