Fried rice cake | Char koay kak. This is a Malaysian version of a popular Penang street food among the local Chinese called "char koay kak" or fried rice cake. The rice cake or "koay kak". Char Koay Kak (Fried Rice Cake) is a popular Penang breakfast or supper street food usually served in small portions.
Easy to prepare and super tasty. Prepare your own amazingly tasty Char Koay Kak (Fried Rice Cake), a popular Penang street food. Very quick and easy using prepackaged rice cake. You can have Fried rice cake | Char koay kak using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried rice cake | Char koay kak
- You need of rice flour.
- It’s of leftover cooked rice (need blend to smooth paste).
- You need of shredded white radish.
- Prepare of Mix all in pan and stir on medium flame. Once batter start to get thicken, move from flame and transfer to any steaming container, steam at least for 45 min. And chill in fridge at least for 1 day.
- Prepare of Ingredients for char koay kak.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Dark soy sauce.
- It’s of White pepper.
- Prepare of Fish balls (optional).
- Prepare of eggs.
- Prepare of Beans sprouts.
- You need of Chives.
Housewives doing their groceries in the early morning would gather around the stall to trade gossips while waiting for their orders of Char Koay Kak. Char Koay Kak [Fried Steamed Rice Flour Cake] is a dish quite similar in way to Char Koay Teow, Char Sago Kuih and some other stir fried noodles using the basic ingredients like beansprouts, chives, eggs and preserved radish [chai por]. Penang Char Koay Kak is a Teochew-style snack I've been eating from this pushcart stall since I was a child. Many visitors to Penang will make a beeline for Penang Char Koay Kak's standard portion is without an egg.
Fried rice cake | Char koay kak step by step
- Done chill for 1 days in fridge and cut into small cubes and mix oil from sticking each other.
- First add rice cake into wok and fry it awhile, then add all the ingredients at last add eggs and chives.
Fried Radish Cake (Char Koay Kak 炒萝卜糕) : MFF. It is a popular street food in Asia. This street food egg fried rice is simple, cheap yet delicious. The recipe is as simple as rice, egg, garlic, onion, and oil. The key to make it delicious is.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…