Spiced poached pear with beet.
You can cook Spiced poached pear with beet using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spiced poached pear with beet
- Prepare 4 of Pears.
- It’s 1 of large beetroot.
- Prepare 1 stick of cinnamon (or cloves or cardamom, it’s optional).
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar / honey.
- Prepare As required of Water.
- You need 1-2 sprigs of Rosemary.
- Prepare 3 scoops of ice-cream.
Spiced poached pear with beet instructions
- Peel the pears, leaving stem intact and being careful not to blemish the flesh of the pears. So your end product will be neat, clean and spotless..
- Peel the Beetroot skin and cut them into thin large slices. Place the beet slices into a saucepan, just large enough to hold all the pears..
- Pour in approximate 500ml of water, add the cinnamon stick and rosemary, cover and bring to the boil. Cinnamon gives the mild spicy flavour, you may add some cloves as well to give a good spice hint..
- When it boils and the beet releases it's colour, add sugar / honey and then gently place in the pears one by one into the poaching liquid. The pears should be completely immersed in the water. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, turning every 5 minutes to ensure even colour and the pears are tender..
- Remove the saucepan from flame and allow it to cool. I have kept it overnight, immersed in the syrup for the deep colour, this is the great tip to obtain the bright maroon colour, but this is optional. Gently remove the pears from liquid and boil the syrup further until the liquid becomes slightly thicker. Off the flame and let the syrup come to room temperature..
- Serve each pear by drizzling some syrup and scope of ice-cream per person..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…