Quick! [Turnip Salad with a Meaty Texture].
You can have Quick! [Turnip Salad with a Meaty Texture] using 5 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick! [Turnip Salad with a Meaty Texture]
- You need 1 bunch of of 3 Turnips.
- You need of Flavouring ingredients:.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 2 of to 3 tablespoons Yukari (dried and powdered red shiso leaves ) The soft type is better for this recipe.
- Prepare 1 of drizzle Toasted sesame oil.
Quick! [Turnip Salad with a Meaty Texture] instructions
- This is how to prepare turnips..
- Rinse the turnips first. Cut off the roots and bottoms of the turnips. The skin is normally very tender, so you don't need to peel..
- You can trim off the black bits around the top with your knife..
- Turnips don't have a crispy texture like daikon radish or cucumber and they tend to absorb salt quickly..
- After the preparation, you want to maintain the turnip's meaty texture, so slice into large chunks. If you slice it thinly, it will be too soft. I like chunky wedges..
- Carefully clean the mud or sand caught between the stalks with toothpicks..
- Salt the prepared turnips lightly. This is not for pickling, so you just need to salt lightly and don't need to leave it to stand for very long..
- The ideal texture is soft outside and still crispy inside. You need to let the turnips stand for about 3 minutes..
- Some water will seep out of the turnips. Rinse to remove the salty liquid and salt itself. Pat dry and chill in the fridge..
- Season the prepared turnips just before serving. When you add the seasoning, more moisture will come out and they will become very soggy, so season quickly..
- This is my yukari packet. I use the "soft type" for this recipe and recommend it if you can find it..
- Add plenty of yukari powder to the turnips and mix well..
- Drizzle toasted sesame oil..
- It's done. After a while, the yukari will colour the turnips very nicely. Be sure to season the turnips just before serving..
- Note: The salt content of yukari seasoning differs according to brand, so taste and adjust as needed..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…