Marble Chiffon Cake / Tri-Color Chiffon.
You can cook Marble Chiffon Cake / Tri-Color Chiffon using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marble Chiffon Cake / Tri-Color Chiffon
- It’s of egg yolks (from +- 4 eggs).
- You need of vegetable oil.
- It’s of milk.
- Prepare of cake flour / low protein flour.
- It’s of natural cocoa powder.
- It’s of hot water (for natural cocoa powder).
- You need of dark cocoa powder or dutch-processed.
- You need of hot water (for dark cocoa powder).
- It’s of egg white (from +- 4 eggs).
- You need of lemon juice.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
Marble Chiffon Cake / Tri-Color Chiffon instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and oil until well-combined. Add milk and mix well. Sieve in flour and mix just until combined..
- Add the 2 types of cocoa powder into their own bowl. Dilute each with hot water..
- Divide the egg yolk batter into 3 equal portions. Mix 1 portion into the first cocoa bowl. Mix 1 portion into the second cocoa bowl. The third portion will be used for making yellow (non-chocolate) chiffon. Set all aside..
- Place egg white and lemon juice in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat them until foamy with tiny bubbles. Gradually add the sugar in small batches while mixing. Continue beating to a stiff peak consistency..
- Divide the beaten egg white into 3 equal portion (60g each). Firstly, add half-portion (30g) into the first cocoa bowl. Fold and mix with a silicone spatula until almost combined. Add another 30g of egg white. Fold and mix until no egg white is visible. Set aside..
- Repeat with the second cocoa bowl. Add half-portion (30g) of beaten egg white. Mix until almost combined before adding another 30g of egg white. Mix until no egg white is visible. Set aside..
- Repeat with the yellow (non-chocolate) batter. Add half-portion (30g) of beaten egg white. Mix until almost combined before adding another 30g of egg white. Mix until no egg white is visible..
- Into a 6-inch (15cm) loose-bottom pan, add the 3 chiffon batter alternately to create a random pattern. Make sure not to use a non-stick pan and don't grease the pan. The batter needs to cling onto the pan while baking. After all batter is added in, tap the pan twice onto the counter to release any big unwanted bubbles..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 320°F (160°C) for 15 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 260°F (130°C) and bake for 40-45 minutes..
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, tap it twice onto the counter. Then immediately invert the pan. Let the edges of cake pan sit on the edges of 3 cups without touching the cake. Leave until it cools completely..
- Before unmolding the cake, run a spatula along the outside edges of cake. Slice and enjoy!.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…