Izakaya Pub-style Kotchori Kimchi (Turnip Salad).
You can have Izakaya Pub-style Kotchori Kimchi (Turnip Salad) using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Izakaya Pub-style Kotchori Kimchi (Turnip Salad)
- It’s 1 of Turnip.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Salt (for pickling).
- You need of For the seasoning:.
- You need 3 tbsp of Ground sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper (optional).
Izakaya Pub-style Kotchori Kimchi (Turnip Salad) step by step
- Cut off the top and bottom of the turnip, then peel if so desired. Quarter lengthwise..
- Slice into 2 mm thicknesses. You can either use a slicer, or a knife..
- Put the turnip slices from Step 2 into a bowl, add 1 tablespoon salt, mix, then set aside for about 15 minutes. This is a lot of salt, but it will get rinsed off..
- Water will be released from the turnip. Gently rinse off excess water. At this point, the turnips should be well seasoned (with salt)..
- Put them in a strainer, and leave them for a few minutes to drain excess water. If you don't have time, move on to the next step, however, the result may be slightly watery..
- In a large bowl, combine the seasonings: 3 tablespoons ground sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, then black pepper to taste..
- Be sure to thoroughly combine the turnip with the seasoning until the consistency is even..
- Transfer to a plate. Sprinkle on some black pepper to produce a flavor for the grown-ups that goes well with drinks. I piled it on in this photo shown..
- Korean-Style Zucchini SaladFor a sophisticated texture of summer, try this seasonal zucchini Korean-style choregi salad..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…