Sausage Popovers (aka Mini Toad-in-the-Holes).
You can have Sausage Popovers (aka Mini Toad-in-the-Holes) using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage Popovers (aka Mini Toad-in-the-Holes)
- You need 1 cup of all purpose/ plain flour.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 6 of pork link sausages.
- It’s 6 tbsp of vegetable oil, lard or beef dripping(s).
Sausage Popovers (aka Mini Toad-in-the-Holes) instructions
- In a large bowl, add the flour and make a well in the middle with a spoon. Break the egg into there..
- Add the salt and begin to whisk the egg into the flour. As this gets a bit stiff, start to add the milk as you whisk until you have a batter..
- Leave the batter aside to rest while you make the sausage balls….
- Take kitchen scissors and snip each sausage into two peices. Remove the skins and shape each piece into a ball..
- Pour half a tablespoon of oil or fat into each hole in a twelve hole muffin tin and put it into an oven heated to 400C. It's a good idea to place a baking tray on the shelf below to catch any dripping fat..
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and put on a medium heat. Add the sausage balls and brown them on all sides (this should take 8-9 minutes).
- The oil in the muffin tin will be very hot by now, so be careful doing the next step. Put the sausage balls into the muffin tin, one into each hole, then quickly pour a quarter cup of batter over each one, doing so as quickly as you can to keep the oil hot. Some people take the tin out of the oven onto the hot hob to do this, others just keep the tin in the oven and add the sausage and batter carefully while it's half in there..
- Cook them for 15-20 minutes, or until golden, puffed and crisp..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…