Chicken Pozole Verde.
You can cook Chicken Pozole Verde using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pozole Verde
- You need of boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- You need of poblano peppers, blackened and skinned.
- Prepare of medium tomatillos, quartered.
- You need of onion, separated.
- You need of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of cilantro.
- You need of Knorr's Chicken Flavor Bouillon.
- Prepare of can of hominy, drained, rinsed, and 1 cup separated.
- It’s of cumin.
- Prepare of oregano.
- It’s of Toppings:.
- Prepare of cabbage, finely shredded.
- You need of radishes, finely sliced.
- It’s of onion, finely diced.
- Prepare of cilantro, chopped.
- It’s of avocado, diced.
- It’s of limes, cut into wedges.
- Prepare of Green salsa, see separate recipe.
Chicken Pozole Verde step by step
- Blacken the poblano peppers by either grilling them or directly placing on a gas burner until all sides of the pepper's skin is black. Then place them in a concealed plastic bag to allow the skin to steam off. Set aside..
- Meanwhile, in a large stock pot add chicken, water to cover the chicken, bay leaves, 1 whole onion and chicken bouillon. Bring to boil, lower heat to a simmer, and cook for 25 minutes, until chicken can be easily shredded. Remove the chicken and set aside to let cool. Add all the drained homily but 1 cup into the stock. Simmer for 30 minutes on low heat..
- Saute tomatillos, 2 onions cut into chunks, garlic and olive oil on medium low heat for 30 minutes. The tomatillos will turn to an olive green color. If the vegetables start to stick to the pan add a 1/4 cup of water..
- Meanwhile, peel the the skin from the blackened peppers and remove the seeds and stems..
- In a blender, puree cilantro, blackened poblano peppers, roasted vegetables with their juices and 1 cup of hominy. This will have to happen in shifts. If liquid is needed, add broth from the stock pot..
- Add the puree to the stock pot. Add cumin and oregano. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Shred chicken to bite size, add to soup and remove from heat..
- Remove the bay leaves and serve with your choice of toppings..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…