Seared Scallops with Beet Vinaigrette.
You can have Seared Scallops with Beet Vinaigrette using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seared Scallops with Beet Vinaigrette
- It’s of Beet Vinaigrette:.
- Prepare 500 g of beets, greens trimmed.
- You need 3 tbs of cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped dill.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper.
- It’s 650 g of sea scallops, muscle tabs removed.
- Prepare 1 cup of rockets.
- You need 18 slices of cooked red beets sliced.
Seared Scallops with Beet Vinaigrette step by step
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Add the beets and boil until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel them. Cut the beets into slices. Use a small round cutter to make 1 round for each scallops, reserve. Chopped enough of the trim and remaining slices to make 1 cup..
- Puree the chopped beets with the vinegar in food processor or blender until smooth. Transfer the mixture into medium bowl. Whisk in the oil and season with the dill, salt and pepper..
- Blot excess moisture from the scallops with paper towel. Heat a large sauce pan over medium high heat; the pan needs to be very hot for a succesful pan – seared dish..
- Sear the scallops until brown on both sides and cooked through, 5-7 minutes..
- Serve the scallops on a beet circle with salad of rockets; drizzle with 2 tbs of beet vinegraitte..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…