Barley beancurd dessert. Ginkgo Biloba is very nutritious and good for the body. Throw some into this sweet barley with beancurd skin, or fucuk dessert for a delicious afternoon. Beancurd skin ginkgo nut barley dessert is a popular dessert among Asian, it is a light and nutritious dessert with a rich soy milk taste.
The step-by-step here is for using Instant pot pressure cooker or any Did you make this barley ginkgo nuts bean curd dessert soup recipe? I love it when you guys snap a photo and tag to show me. A close-up shot of Chinese bean curd, ginkgo nuts, and barley sweet soup (腐竹白果薏米糖水). You can have Barley beancurd dessert using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Barley beancurd dessert
- Prepare 1 cups of holland barley.
- You need 75 grams of beancurd for dessert.
- It’s 200 grams of pre-boiled gingko nuts.
- It’s To taste of rock sugar.
- Prepare A few of pcs pandan leaves, knotted.
Chinese, especially Cantonese cuisine, has so many delicious sweet/dessert soup. These soups are usually easy to prepare and super healthy. There are so many dessert soups out there. From highly popular red bean soup "红豆汤" to Peanut Paste "花生糊", to Glutinous rice ball in ginger tea "姜茶汤圆".
Barley beancurd dessert instructions
- Wash clean holland barley. There are 2 different type of barley that can be easily found in singapore. Chinese barley has cooling properties, but the taste is a bit funny. Holland barley tastes nicer, suitable for dessert but some says it can cause phlegm. I use holland barley for this dessert as i like the taste more..
- Smash the beancurd sheet to smaller pieces. Pls make sure you use the one for dessert. There is other type of beancurd sheet for soup too but it is more oily and the texture is different..
- Now the gingko nuts. I bought the pre-boiled gingko nuts. Some says that we need to remove the core to avoid any bitter taste in this dessert..
- Prepare 3L of water, cook barley and beancurd together. Add pandan leaves. I use pressure cooker so it takes me like 5 mins and all are tender already. Beancurd will be very soft like porridge consistency. Some people doesn’t like porridge consistency so you can cook the beancurd later on. If you use normal pot/pan, it probably takes 30 minutes to cook the barley till tender..
- Add gingko nuts and boil for another 10 minutes. Add rock sugars to taste..
- Done! Can be served cold or warm. I like mine cold..
Beancurd skin ginkgo nut barley dessert is a popular dessert among Asian, it is a light and nutritious dessert with a rich soy milk taste. A close-up shot of Chinese bean curd, ginkgo nuts. Heat water in a pot and bring to boil. Gingko barley tongsui (白果薏米腐竹糖水) is a very common sweet dessert (tong sui). But have you ever wonder why sometimes the beancurd sheet (fu chuk) will soften & almost melt in the soup but.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…