Venison Blade Roast and veggies.
You can cook Venison Blade Roast and veggies using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Venison Blade Roast and veggies
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of mixed veggies(frozen carrot, peas and corn).
- Prepare Half of red onion(quartered).
- Prepare Half of yellow onion(quartered).
- Prepare Half of bunch Chopped curly leaf parsley.
- It’s 1.5 of basil leaf chopped.
- You need 1 of peeled lemon(halved).
- It’s 2 of bay leaves dry.
- You need of Coarse pepper.
- It’s of Coarse sea salt.
- You need 4 of celery stalks chopped.
- Prepare Half of red bell pepper chopped.
- It’s 1 of whole garlic peeled.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes cubed large.
- You need of Venison shoulder blade 2lbs bone in and all fat removed.
- You need 64 oz of beef broth.
- It’s of Dutch oven.
- You need 1 glass of whiskey for the chef(optional).
- Prepare of And patience.
Venison Blade Roast and veggies instructions
- Begin by chopping your veggies as shown on ingredients chart.
- Pat dry your room temperature venison blade roast.
- Coat with olive oil and generously coat with coarse sea salt and coarse pepper, let rest for 10 mins.
- Heat olive oil in dutch oven.
- Sear/brown roast on all sides in olive oil.
- Add all veggies to dutch oven.
- Add bay leaves and all beef broth to dutch oven and stir.
- Bring to a rolling boil and drop to a simmer…
- Place lid on dutch oven and simmer for 3.5 hours on your lowest setting…
- After 3.5 hours the meat will literally slide off of the bone…
- Serve and… Bon apettit.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…