Beet & Carrot Salad.
You can cook Beet & Carrot Salad using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beet & Carrot Salad
- You need of beets.
- You need of carrots; oblique cut.
- You need of fresno chiles; minced.
- You need of bacon.
- You need of mint leaves; chiffonade.
- You need of radishes; baton cut.
- It’s of shallot.
- You need of chives; baton cut.
- Prepare of orange; zested.
- You need of white vinegar.
- You need of baby spinach & baby arugula mix.
- Prepare of "Parsley & Lemon Vinaigrette" (see my recipes).
- Prepare of kosher salt & black pepper.
Beet & Carrot Salad instructions
- Scrub beets well. Leave skins on and 1 inch of root on the end to help retain color during cooking. Cover with cold, salted water by about 1 inch over beets. Add vinegar. Boil until easily pierced with a paring knife, about 20 minutes. Rub skins off beets under running water..
- Lay bacon on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 400° for approximately 12 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Pat bacon dry between paper towels. Dice bacon into medium sized pieces. Drain bacon fat into a small saute pan..
- Boil carrots in cold water with a pinch of salt and sugar until carrots brighten in color and are tender. Drain. Cool in an ice bath for just a few minutes ubtul carrots cool. Remove from ice bath amd let sit at room temp..
- Saute shallots with a pinch of salt in the bacon fat..
- Toss spinach and baby arugula with vinaigrette..
- Lay 2-3 slices of beets on each plate. Top beets with greens. Top greens with radishes. Lay carrots and shallots around the salad. Sprinkle bacon, mint, chives, fresno chiles, salt, and pepper atop the salad. Garnish with orange zest..
- Variations; Parsley, almonds, apple, walnut, bleu cheese, goat cheese, lime, lemon, horseradish, turmeric, celery, cardamom, dill, garlic, habanero, jalapeño, bell peppers, squash, scallions, ginger, rosemary, thyme, olives, honey, balsamic, pecans, avocado, fennel, red onion, dill, yogurt, orange, currants, endive, coriander, creme fraiche, dates, dijon, grapefruit, tarragon, ginger, watercress, lentils, pistachios, ricotta, sherry, mustard.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…