Mile high chocolate cake. Mile-High Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Buttercream. Run knife around sides of cakes to loosen. This decadent chocolate cake involves six layers of chocolate cake, homemade caramel, and a seriously stunning frosting.
A sky-high cake consisting of six luscious layers of moist chocolate cake, luxuriously light chocolate mousse, and a finale of rich chocolate ganache! What's more exciting than surprising your Valentine with a sparkly Tiffany ring or a shiny new Rolex watch? This gluten-free Mile-High Chocolate Cake is just one of the stellar recipes from Gluten-Free Entertaining. You can cook Mile high chocolate cake using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mile high chocolate cake
- You need 5 ounces of fine-quality unsweetened chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 2 1/4 sticks of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s 2 3/4 cups of sifted cake flour (not self-rising; sift before measuring).
- You need 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-process).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs, at room temperature (30 minutes).
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cups of sour cream.
- Prepare of For frosting:.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-process).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
- It’s 4 ounces of fine-quality unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 6 sticks (1 1/2 pound) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s of Equipment: 2 (8 by 2-inch) round cake pans.
Let me tell you about this cookbook and share two recipes, gluten-free Mile-High Chocolate Cake in today's post and gluten-free Double Strawberry Waffles in another post. Send your taste buds soaring with our new Mile High Chocolate Salted Caramel Cake. Rich three layer chocolate cake is filled and frosted with dark chocolate and fudge frosting. Mile-High Chocolate Cake with chocolate, egg, sour cream, vanilla bean, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder, and cocoa powder. milk chocolate. natural unsweetened cocoa powder.
Mile high chocolate cake step by step
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in middle. Butter cake pans, then line bottom of each with a round of parchment paper and butter parchment. Flour pans, knocking out excess. Melt chocolate with butter, then cool. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt..
- Beat eggs, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and thick, 3 to 5 minutes. At low speed, mix in melted chocolate until incorporated, then add flour mixture in 3 batches alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture and mixing until each addition is just incorporated. Spread batter evenly in pans several times on counter to eliminate air bubbles..
- Bake until cakes pull away from sides of pans and a wooden pick inserted in center of each comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes..
- Cool in pans on a rack 10 minutes, then run a knife around edges of pans. Invert onto racks and discard parchment, then cool completely, about 1 hour..
- Make frosting and assemble cake: Whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, then add milk and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture boils, and is smooth and thick, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a bowl to cool to room temperature, covering surface with parchment paper to prevent a skin from forming..
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy, then add cooled chocolate mixture a little at a time, beating until frosting is fluffy and spreadable..
- Cut each cake layer horizontally into 2 layers with a long serrated knife. Put 1 layer on a cake stand or large plate and spread top with 1 1/4 cups frosting. Repeat with 2 more layers, then add remaining layer and spread top and sides of cake with remaining frosting..
- Cheat: if you wish: instead of making the frosting, use Duncan Hines Milk or Dark Chocolate Frosting. Enjoy!.
The search for the perfect grain-free birthday dessert was well worth it! After trying a bunch of different recipes, I eventually just developed my own chocolate cake recipe and it was AMAZING! It was so fun to mess around in the kitchen, experimenting with different flavors. After taking pictures of the red velvet cake and forgetting to pose the blue ribbon I won for it in any of the photos before it was devoured, I smacked myself on the forehead and vowed I'd us… Experience the world of cake decorating like never before with Cake Central Magazine! I wanted something that looked irresistible, so I went with a six layer chocolate chip devils food cake with vanilla peppermint butter cream, crowned with chocolate ganache.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…