Canned " Red Beets ".
You can have Canned " Red Beets " using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Canned " Red Beets "
- Prepare of Red Beets.
- It’s of cider vinegar.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
Canned " Red Beets " step by step
- Wash your red beets. Do not cut off top or bottom. Put cleaned red beets in a large pot cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook till fork tender. Pour this water away..
- Meanwhile get your jars & lids & rings ready.Heat the vinegar , water, sugar & salt. Get your canner ready. Filled 3/4 way with water..
- When beets are fork tender. Take out of water. Allow the to cool to handle. When cool enough to handle. Cut top & bottom off. Push skin off with fingers. ( I Wore gloves).
- Cut or slice beets. Pack into your canning jars. Pour hot syrup over red beets. Leaving 1/4" headspace. Clean rims of jars good. Now put on prepared lids & rings. Process in Hot water bath . Pints 20 minutes. Quarts 30 minutes. Let cool. Make sure they are sealed.if not sealed keep refrigerated.Store & label. .( one batch of syrup is enough for 8 pints).
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…