碗粿 rice cake in the bowl. Time to cook may vary depends on the microwave. A rice cake may be any kind of food item made from rice that has been shaped, condensed, or otherwise combined into a single object. Over half century old traditional Woah Kueh 吳碗粿 or literally bowl cakes.
You can obtain a bowl of these at virtually any Taiwanese restaurant in the SGV. If the rice cake is not soft enough, add more. Steamed, savory rice custard/cake, typically flavored with chopped pork and mushroom and topped with sauce, and served in the bowl it's steamed in. [Wikipedia: 碗粿]. You can cook 碗粿 rice cake in the bowl using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 碗粿 rice cake in the bowl
- You need 20 g of green onion, 青蔥.
- It’s 10 g of ginger, 僵.
- It’s 10 g of garlic, 蒜.
- You need 80 g of bamboo shoot, 筍.
- Prepare 90 g of turnip pickled, 蘿蔔干.
- You need 200 of rice flour, 在來米粉.
- You need 6 cup of water, 6杯水.
- Prepare 200 g of ground pork, 絞豬肉.
- You need 1 tea spoon of cooking oil, 一小匙油.
- It’s 1 cup of soy sauce, 一杯醬油.
- It’s 1 tea spoon of white pepper, 一小匙白胡椒.
- It’s 1/2 tea spoon of sesame oil, 半小匙香油.
- It’s 1 table spoon of cooking wine, 一大匙料酒.
- It’s 1 table spoon of corn starch, 一大匙芶粉.
Then transfer to your aluminium bowls. 碗粿. rice cake bowl (a type of snack in Fujian and Taiwan). 碗糕粿. 碗仔粿. 碗糕 (wǎngāo). Cambodian rice cake is somewhat different than other countries' rice cakes because unlike the other countries' rice cakes that are made with steamed rice, Cambodians make theirs with sticky rice. Tainan bowl rice cake (óaⁿ-kóe, 碗粿) has its origins in the southern Taiwanese city of Tainan. Bai Tang Gao (Steam Chinese Rice Cake).
碗粿 rice cake in the bowl step by step
- 鍋內放入油，加入蔥，僵，蒜皆切細加入己加熱的油炒香。之後倒入絞豬肉，切細的筍一起攪一攪，炒一炒至8分熟，當然要加入調味料（醬油，白胡椒，香油，料酒)。加一杯水入內，煮滾加入芶粉。撈起備用——heat the pan, pour oil into the pan, put the garlic, green onion, ginger into the pan and stir, after that put the ground pork and bamboo shoot and stir it all together, than add about a cup of water and soy sauce, white pepper, sesame oil, cooking wine. When it boils, place into the bowl..
- 鋦冼淨，把在來粉加入6杯水攪一攪後倒入鍋內，炒一炒，要不斷的翻炒用大火，不要炒焦。炒到白色變乳色就關火。clean the pan, pour rice flour soup (6 cups of water added to rice flour) into the pan and keep stirring on high heat. Don’t let it get burned, that is why you need to stir consistently. Once the white color changes to a crystal color, turn off the flame..
- 把上面炒好的麵糊倒入每個碗中。pour the rice flour paste into the bowl.
- 麵糊放入碗中之後，然後把上面炒好的絞豬肉等放在碗上。鍋內加水，放入己加上絞豬肉蒸個12分鐘即可。記住蒸時一定要蓋鍋。 then add the ground meat (all ingredients in it) into to the top of bowl with rice flour paste and place them in the pan and steam them for 12 minutes..
- 完成, done.
If you bring me to a Kueh Kueh stall and asked me to pick one. I will surely pick Bai Tang Gao as it's Puto is among the most popular Filipino native delicacies. On it's own, it's one delicious snack but also eaten with dinuguan or in Iloilo, with a bowl of hot batchoy. These rice cakes are cooked with leftover Japanese steamed rice. Rice is the main food source in Japan and no meal would be complete without a bowl of steamed rice on the table.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…