You can have Turnip Stew using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turnip Stew
- Prepare 1 of Turnip.
- It’s 3 of Potatoes.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- You need 6 of Italian Sausages.
- You need 1 Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes.
- You need 10 Cups of Stock.
- You need 5 of Hard Boiled Eggs.
- Prepare 3 of Chili Peppers.
- You need 3 of Green Onions.
- It’s 3 of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 5 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil.
- It’s Pinch of Dried Onion.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of Italian Seasonings.
Turnip Stew instructions
- I boiled some beef bones and leftover chicken stock for a while. If you’re using something else, you can skip to boiling the eggs and putting them aside..
- While broth and eggs are getting ready, prep your veggies..
- Cut chili’s, smash and peel garlic and add dried onion to olive oil and slowly cook to infuse the oil with flavors..
- Add oil, canned tomato and all sausages to pot. Season generously and allow to boil. Unless you have a massive pot, you’ll have to let the water reduce before adding the veggies. It’s not a terrible thing. The boiling sausage will become tender and add to the flavor of the stew..
- Once the liquid has reached a level where it won’t have surface tension issues, add in the veggies. Simmer gently, uncovered and stirring occasionally..
- Do a fork test and poke the veggies. When they’re about half way don’t me, add in the boiled eggs. Why boiled eggs? Why not? Haha. Once the veggies are fork tender, add in the green onion and cook another 4-5 minutes..
- Hopefully you’ve cooked your pasta during all of that simmering. Spoon the stew right over the pasta. Will also work with rice..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…