Sunday Pot Roast (Dutch Oven).
You can have Sunday Pot Roast (Dutch Oven) using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sunday Pot Roast (Dutch Oven)
- It’s 1 of 4- 5 lb chuck roast or 2 2 1/2 pound roasts.
- You need 2 of bay leaves and 2 rosemary sprigs.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 3-4 of carrots right cut.
- You need 3-4 of potatoes peeled and quartered.
- Prepare of Sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 cup of good red wine.
- Prepare 2-3 of table spoons Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 of gloves garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup or fresh cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1/3 of low sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos.
- You need 1 lb of Egg noodles.
Sunday Pot Roast (Dutch Oven) instructions
- Season meat in both sides with kosher salt, garlic powder and fresh pepper..
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat a little olive oil in the bottom of a Dutch oven. Sear meat about 2 minutes on each side until brown all around..
- While meat is searing mix the soup, wine, worcestershire, soy, and gravy master in a bowl. Set aside..
- Remove meat from Dutch oven and add a little more olive oil to pot…
- Add vegetables (except mushrooms to Dutch oven. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 5 minutes on low heat, stirring often..
- Place meat back in Dutch oven nestled in the vegetables..
- Place 2 bay leaves and rosemary sprigs on top of roast. Pour sauce over meat..
- Pour beef broth over meat to cover most of meat and the vegetables.
- Cover Dutch oven and place in preheated oven for about 1 1/2 hours..
- After half the cooking time add mushrooms and baste the meat with some of the gravy..
- Continue cooking covered for another 1 1/2 – 2 hours..
- After 3-4 hours of cooking remove meat from pot. Remove bay leaves and rosemary and discard..
- Combine 2 table spoons of flour with 2 table spoons or more of water to create a smooth paste. Add to gravy and vegetables on stove top. Stir and then cover pot..
- Heat on stove top under a low flame until gravy is desired consistency. Bring to a slow boil. You can adjust seasoning as well.. add salt, pepper extra wine or worcestershire as necessary..
- Slice meat into thick slices and cover in gravy. Serve with vegetables and egg noodles..
- A nice side is a mixed green salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Don’t forget the biscuits!.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…