Chocolate Haupia pie.
You can cook Chocolate Haupia pie using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Haupia pie
- It’s 12 of individual graham cracker pie shells.
- Prepare of Coconut milk (14 oz can).
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut extract.
- You need 7/8 cup of Dutch chocolate.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Whipped cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Shredded coconut.
- You need 1 cup of water.
Chocolate Haupia pie instructions
- Dissolve cornstarch in water. Heat 14 ounces of coconut milk, milk, sugar, extract and shredded coconut in a sauce pan to a boil. Gradually add cornstarch mixture to the pan, stirring with a whisk until thickened. Remove from stove and cool..
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave. Pour half of the coconut filling into a bowl. Add the melted chocolate to the pan with the remaining filling. Let the filling cool before assembling the layered pie..
- Evenly portion the chocolate coconut filling in the bottom of the 12 pie shells for the bottom layer. Spoon the coconut filling on top of the chocolate coconut filling..
- Garnish each pie with whipped cream..
- Enjoy, this is a luxurious Hawaiian specialty!.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…