Roasted Pork Belly with Ras el Hanout Apple Sauce and Fennel and Mint Salad.
You can have Roasted Pork Belly with Ras el Hanout Apple Sauce and Fennel and Mint Salad using 29 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Pork Belly with Ras el Hanout Apple Sauce and Fennel and Mint Salad
- Prepare of Pork.
- Prepare 1.4 kg of boneless pork belly, rind scored.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbs of Ras el Hanout spice.
- You need 1 tbs of salt.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of carrots, chopped.
- It’s 2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, bruised.
- Prepare 2 tbs of ground fennel.
- You need 300 ml of white wine.
- It’s 8 of peppercorns.
- It’s 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 L of chicken stock.
- Prepare of Apple sauce.
- Prepare 4 of apples, peeled, cored, chopped.
- You need 3 tbs of caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of water.
- You need 2 tsp of Ras el Hanout.
- You need of Carrot puree.
- You need 1 kg of carrots, peeled.
- You need 100 g of cream.
- Prepare 50 g of butter.
- You need of Fennel & mint salad.
- It’s 60 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs of lemon juice.
- Prepare 6 of baby fennel, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of mint leaves.
- You need 4 of radishes, thinly sliced.
Roasted Pork Belly with Ras el Hanout Apple Sauce and Fennel and Mint Salad step by step
- The night before, place the pork in a dish and sprinkle the rind with salt. Place on the bottom of the shelf of the fridge, uncovered, overnight. This should help draw out the moisture and dry out the rind to make delicious crackling..
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180C. Take the pork out of the fridge and bring to room temperature. Pat it dry and rub with oil, Ras el Hanout and salt..
- Place the remaining ingredients – chopped carrots, chopped onion, chopped celery, bruised garlic, ground fennel, white wine, peppercorns, bay leaves, chicken stock – in a big, deep roasting dish. Place the pork, rind-side up on the veg, making sure not to get the rind wet. Roast for 2.5 hours..
- For the carrot puree, place the carrots in a pot of cold seasoned water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until soft. Drain..
- Return carrots to pot, add the butter, cream, salt and pepper and blitz with stick blender until smooth. Set aside..
- To make the apple sauce, place all the ingredients – peeled cored chopped apples, castor sugar, water and Ras al Hanout – in a small pot over low heat. Cook, covered until soft and thick, stirring occasionally. Season and blitz with a stick blender until smooth..
- To make the salad, combine the fennel, mint and radishes. Put the oil and the lemon juice and salt and pepper in a jar and shake until emulsified. Combine all salad ingredients and set aside..
- When the pork is soft and ready, turn the oven to grill and let the crackling begin. If that doesn't work, remove the rind serve without crackling..
- Cut the pork into rectangular pieces and serve with the veg from the roasting pan, carrot puree, apple sauce and salad. Enjoy!.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…