Wild Hog en Salsa Roja (wild hog in red sauce).
You can have Wild Hog en Salsa Roja (wild hog in red sauce) using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wild Hog en Salsa Roja (wild hog in red sauce)
- You need 1 of Wild Hog front or rear quarter cut into stew chunks.
- You need 3 of pasilla peppers dried.
- It’s 4 of cuajillo peppers dried.
- Prepare 5 of chile de arbol peppers dried.
- You need 1 of whole tomatoe.
- It’s 7 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of whole yellow onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare of fresh ground black peppercorn.
- Prepare pinch of cilantro.
- Prepare of Dutch Oven.
Wild Hog en Salsa Roja (wild hog in red sauce) instructions
- Begin by cutting all of the meat off of the bone and into stew chunks.
- Next heat oil in dutch oven(stove top)and add meat along with galic and cumin. Mix well and allow to brown do not cover dutch oven.
- While meat is browning take a medium sized pot bring water to boil. Remove seeds and veins from peppers and place in pot to boil along with the bay leaves, onion and tomatoe..
- When peppers and tomatoe are soft place into blender along with 1/2 cup of broth and 1/2 cup of water. Add salt to taste and a pinch(your liking i love it so i add a generous amount)of cilantro. Blend well.
- Drain all juices from the dutch oven and add all of the sauce to the meat..
- Mix well and simmer on low heat while you preheat your oven to 255° once you have reached the temp. Turn of stove cover dutch oven and place into oven carefully.
- Allow to cook approx 2 hours(well worth the wait when the meat literally melts at each bite).
- At hour 1 begin to make a white rice by bringing 2 cups of rice and 4 cups of water to boil along with2 tbsp of butter and salt to taste(do not try and give your rice too much flavor as you will serve the meat and sauce over the rice)keep covered on low heat until rice is tender..
- Lastly serve this dish in a bowl place white rice in bowl and pour the Hog and sauce generously over the rice. Serve and enjoy. This dish goes well paired with a Corona or Tecate. Bon Apettit.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…