You can have Sambar using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sambar
- You need 1/2 cup of Arhar Dal.
- You need as needed of Small pieces of Ghiya.
- It’s 1/2 of carrot.
- You need 1/2 of radish.
- You need as needed of Few beans.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Whole red chillies dried.
- You need 1 tsp of Chana Dal.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Urad Dal.
- It’s as needed of Tamarind paste.
- Prepare as needed of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
Sambar step by step
- Saute few garlic pods, 2 onions. Add turmeric, 4 red chillies, salt and pepper. Grind coarsely with little water..
- Add vegetables and arhar Daal. Add 5 cups of water and cook till 5 whistles..
- Let the pressure cooker cool.Open it..
- Add tamarind paste and little bit Jaggery. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds and add red chillies and curry leaves. Add in Sambhar and enjoy with idli, Dosa or Wada.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…